According to a new CBS poll, Bush has hit an all time low. Cheney is at 18% approval rating and Bush's handling of Iraq is at a mere 30%.
Some other interesting numbers:
- 70% oppose the port deal.
- 62% think things are going badly in Iraq
- 43% approve Bush's handling of terrorism. Down 9 points since last month
- 53% have an unfavorable view of Bush as compared to 29% who view him as favorable
- 43% think the President has the authority to authorize wiretaps to fight terrorism without a warrant
- 64% are very or somewhat concerned about losing civil liberties because of Bush's anti-terrorism measures
- 28% approval for Congress.
The CBS page also has a link to another interesting poll on Katrina. The numbers in that poll don't paint a pretty picture for the administration either.
Looking at these numbers, Congress could easily get their approval up. How is that? Start holding this administration accountable and do more of their oversight. Their rubberstamp attitude is killing them.