Well – he sure didn’t do it during the debate. Hell he didn’t even mention Bush’s name:
Republican presidential candidate Rudy Giuliani said in Iowa on Friday that President Bush’s response to terrorism will ensure his legacy is that of “a great president.”
“He will be, I believe, a president who will be viewed by history for this one decision as being a great president,” the former New York mayor told about 100 Cedar Rapids-area Republicans during a quick campaign stop in eastern Iowa. “He decided in a flash to put our country on offense against terrorism.”
Now let’s get this straight. Failing to catch the man behind one of the deadliest attacks in our nation’s history is great.
- Having the number of terrorism attacks since 9/11 increase worldwide is great.
- Having an administration lie this nation into a war with another country that had nothing to do with the attacks on us is great.
- Destroying the rights of every American, along with Habeas Corpus is great.
- Allowing the al Qaeda to resurface because Bush decided to go after Saddam instead is great.
- 3,362 soldiers dying because of a war of lies is great.
- Allowing our military to reach its weakest point in modern history is great.
I am sure there are a lot of other “great” things I have missed. If this is what Giuliani gauges greatness on then I would hate to see what he considers a failure.
This should pretty much end the debate about Giuliani. Put him in the White House and all we will get is Bush 3.0. If he thinks Bush is so great then he won’t change anything in the execution of the “war on terror” or Iraq. Just what America needs – more of the same failed policies.